[Rhodes22-list] 12V refrigeration/freezers CR-65

Dana realnamen at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 22:57:50 EST 2008

I installed the Indel Cruise 65 and have used it for one season so far.  I love it.

http://www.indelmarineusa.com/products/CR65.htm

I found the best price at sailorsams.com.  It is a bit wider and shorter than the stock cooler.  The depth is perfect.  Because it is a bit wider, the door doesn't open quite as wide as the cooler.  I moved the vertical support on the right side an inch or two to the right to make it fit snug.

I upgraded my batteries to two Trojan T-105s in series.  I forget the specs exactly, but the batteries have on the order of 200 amp-hours of capacity, and the fridge draws an average of a couple amps at 80 degrees ambient.  Easily enough for a full day's fun on a full charge.  You could go a few days without a battery recharge, but discharging the batteries that far will shorten their life.

-Dana