[Rhodes22-list] Illinois Governor Arrested for Corruption

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Dec 10 00:41:07 EST 2008

Actually Slim, I think you're wrong. I don't believe Fitzpatrick ever
said "there's no implication of Obama whatsoever at this time." Do you
have a source?

I DID find the following, but none of them are really even close to the
endrosement you claim ablve:

Fitzgerald said no allegations were being made that Obama was aware of
any alleged scheming by Blagojevich.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/09/report-illinois-governor-taken-federal-custody/

Fitzgerald said federal officials were making "no allegations" that
Obama himself was "aware of anything" in connection with the case.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28139155/

Patrick Fitzgerald, the U.S. Attorney in Chicago, said his office was
not alleging that Obama was involved in the scheme, or even aware of it.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/806337.html

Fitzgerald said there was “no reference in the complaint’ to the
president-elect and cautioned the press to “not cast aspersions on
people” for being mentioned in the government’s filing if they were not
indicted.
http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2008/12/09/efforts-to-sell-obama%E2%80%99s-senate-seat-part-of-a-%E2%80%9Cpolitical-corruption-crime-spree%E2%80%9D/

=====

A DA's offic usually make "allegations" when they're ready to indict.

Herb Parsons