[Rhodes22-list] Weekend reading, not sailing, some might call it political, just educational

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 09:52:25 EST 2008

Rik,

Going "John Galt" is working for me, I've got new struts on the Lexus
and the front-end re-built on the truck - I'm good to go for the next
four years, transportation wise.  I spent four hours on the phone
Thurs-Fri trying to meet the insurance and bonding requirements for
one of the cities on the MS Coast for a customer's demo job and when I
finally thought I had everything in place the city engineer wanted a
copy of our mold containment plan.  "Uh, knock it down with a trackhoe
and haul it to the landfill?"  Nope, not good enough!  I called the
customer and told him to find another contractor, or better yet, burn
it down and call the city to put the fire out - takes care of the mold
and the demo all at once.

People get the 'gubment' they deserve, and we've got a doozy on the way!

Brad