[Rhodes22-list] Bimini and wish list

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Sun Dec 14 23:22:55 EST 2008

Our boat is a '86,that we bought in'03. The bimini on her mounts on the
fairlead track on both gunnels,on a car that can slide the full lenght
of the gunnels. In Ohio,we seldom sail with the bimini up,if it's windy
enough to sail,a hat is all you really need.At anchor or drifting,it's
great on hot days. With the bimini on the tracks it gives alot of
options for storing,front or back (we normally store it laying on the
pop-top,up or down.) With it moved forward on the tracks,you can still
access the swim ladder and get back in the cockpit from the water ,with
the bimini up.
The best use that I have found for it is on a rainy overnight with the
PTE up and the front of the bimini forward of the aft of the PTE,lets
you keep the back window of the PTE open for much needed
ventelation,even in a pretty hard blow. I haven't tryed it ,but it
would most likely let you sit out a storm in the cabin with the hatch
open.It fits nicely in the cabin for trailering.I won't have any
trouble finding the money to replace it when it goes bad.I normally
leave it up on overnights just to keep the cockpit dryer.(from dew)