[Rhodes22-list] Robert on Quotes - and some new comments

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Mon Dec 15 18:02:25 EST 2008

Tootle wrote:
> Robert, That is why I left off the
 > first two words.  When quoting, how often
> is the whole of what was said included?

Rarely, but you lost the high ground on that one.

> Since you are so ambitious, find the rest of this quote:

You say "ambitious" as if it were a bad thing...
As to your challenge, no thanks.  I'll just wait
for you to offend your own rules again.

On a different topic:

It was 57 up here today.  My wife and I went to
visit a woman who is out on bail, staying at a
convent, accused of murdering her husband.  No
doubt, she admits it -- after 26 years of abuse,
some of it obvious when she came to work in the
morning.

The attorney general (a woman) wants to put her
away for 25 years.  I'll be testifying that she
was beaten regularly.  Watching her ego re-emerge
under the tender care of the sisters is a joy.

There must be a special place in Hell for abusers.
And if Laureen goes there, I hope she is in charge
of it.

/Robert