[Rhodes22-list] List Suggestions Did you say Google Group?

ben benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Tue Dec 16 16:32:06 EST 2008

I was going to suggest Google groups also.  Our neighborhood association
uses one with no problems, and the people who set it up aren't technical at
all.

Despite the articles negative slant, I didn't really see the problem with
the google news.  They already use other sites' links as a big component in
search result scoring.  Links are just other peoples' suggestions for what a
good match is.  To ask humans in real time can only help results.

The final results will still be the result of a scoring algorithm, so Google
will still be able to claim that the rankings are what they are because of
the algorithms.  It will be as true then as it is now.

Ben S.