[Rhodes22-list] Political- Caroline's disappointing day.

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Dec 18 10:44:55 EST 2008

Herb,

You bring up an interesting point in your discussion of alternatives, such
as having access to payroll files.  I presume that you are suggesting that
if one were to manipulate payroll to provide for one's cash shortfall that
one might be fired, if caught.

One of the problems in today's society seems to be related to this very
point.  FIRE THE GUY WHO STOLE FROM PAYROLL as punishment for the crime.  As
we look at the corrupt processes that are being investigated every day, the
concept of payment for the crime rarely seems to carry any severe penalty,
at most full restitution, if the perpetrator is caught.

It is no small wonder that we are in the situation we are in today, both
economic and moral.  It appears that there is little risk in white collar
crime.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY