[Rhodes22-list] PAINTING HULL

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Dec 18 15:19:26 EST 2008

Tom,

In my view we are in a depression.  In depressions, prices actually come
down.  (In a recession they stay flat, in "good times" they increase.)

I think $3300 used to be a very attractive price.

My guess is that you will be able to do significantly better in 6 months.

Here in Greenwich they brought a dumpster and a pallet loader to the
town owned boatyard simply to get rid of boats that had been abandoned
by their owners.  None of those boats will ever need awlgrip.  The guy
who shoots baking soda at the bottoms of boats to clean them tells me
all of his competitors are out of business, and he's struggling.

The best thing most of us can do for our country is to keep spending
money if we can.  But it doesn't help anyone to spend more than things
are now worth.

Just my opinion.

Bill Effros