[Rhodes22-list] UAW

hnw555 at gmail.com hnw555 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:49:28 EST 2008

My understanding is that this is a significant part of the cost of each car. - Hank

From: Herb Parsons <hparsons at parsonsys.com>

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:35:49
To: The Rhodes 22 Email List<rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] UAW

Ben,

Does that 10% represent ALL labor costs? In other words, are retirement
funds part of that calculation? If a man goes to work at the auto plant
at 25, works till he's 55 (30 years) and then retires, and then collects
full benefits for the next 30 years, that would add substantially to the
"labor costs."

Herb Parsons