[Rhodes22-list] Airlines

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 17:20:23 EST 2008

Slim,

They should sweat SWA.  Wherever they go they eventually dominate the
market.  What most people don't know about SWA is that they pre-date
the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978 (they started the same year as
FedEx - 1973), SWA is almost 100% union, and they pay the highest
wages in most positions.  The difference is (and this difference is
HUGE) that they are the most productive airline flying.  They only fly
one type of airplane, they don't try to be all things to all
customers, and they only fly profitable route segments.

SWA coming to town is great news if you are a consumer and not so
great news if you are a competitor.

Brad