[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Barack the Magic Negro

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sun Dec 28 15:04:00 EST 2008

Ben,

I believe Spike Lee was the modern originator of the phrase "Magical Negro".

Is it still an offensive racial insult if used by individuals with
darker skin than yours?

Many people with skin darker than yours take great offense at being
called "black" -- which was also a racial insult at one time.  Where do
you stand on this?

Please explain these differences you are quite certain everybody knows.

I don't know.

Bill Effros