[Rhodes22-list] A heads up before hitting the send key

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Mon Dec 29 18:42:54 EST 2008

Brad,

I think the odd thing is in the most recent flair up, no one called
Obama anything, except to reference a reference to a lib calling him
"the magic negro". My objection is the to the "racist card" being played
every time something is said that someone objects to.

Folks, mentioning the word "negro" does not make one racists.

FWIW, I think "Nazi hearts" is a little rough as well.

Brad Haslett wrote:
> MJM,
>
> Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll take the hint - so will Bill.  Someone got
> their feelings hurt because they called Bush 43 a 'Son of a Bitch' for
> 8 years and now we're calling their new Savior out for what he is, and
> now  their feelings are hurt.  Don't worry, I'll put duct tape on the
> send button so as to not hurt their Nazi hearts. Hijacked, is it?
>
> Study history, sheeple.
>
> Brad
>

> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 4:10 PM, michael meltzer <mjm at michaelmeltzer.com> wrote:
>
>> Just so everyone understand what corrosive effect this is having, this is
>> what I got backchannel, the "." are mine to remove the personal identifies.
>> Should I add the snide comment "was it worth it" ?
>>

>> -mjm
>>

>> The list has been hijacked by four people who push their agenda on everyone.
>> Anyone who even mildly attempts to disagree or contradict their opinions is
>> summarily stomped on with vicious rhetoric. The list is supposed to be a
>> social place, something akin to a bar. If it were a bar, I would have left
>> long ago. I only go where I'm wanted. The Rhodes list is currently a toxic
>> environment.
>>
>> Just for your information.....  I've had enough. .........., but I no longer
>> enjoy it. Sifting through fifty or sixty emails from the same four people
>> each and every day just to find one or two sailing subject lines takes too
>> much of my time.
>>
>> I have moved over to the other list and will stay there. I don't know what
>> the solution to the problem is, I just know that I no longer enjoy the list.
>> I'm moving on.

Herb Parsons