[Rhodes22-list] Politics: How 'Bout That Bill Effros?

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Dec 30 11:38:31 EST 2008

Wally,

Here is what Pat Buchanan has to say on this issue:

"While the United States must support Israel's right to defend her towns
and to strike bases from which Israelis are being attacked, Obama should
denounce the collective punishment of 1.5 million Palestinians in Gaza,
by Israel's cutting off their electricity in the dead of winter and
denying them the food and medicine many need to survive.

For us to remain silent in the face of this comports neither with our
interests or our values. Israel's policy of withholding from the weak
and innocent of Gaza, women and children, the necessities of life, to
punish the guilty who rule at the point of a gun, is a policy that Obama
should declare the United States will no longer support with tax dollars."

To paraphrase another part of the same article, "Obama can't just sit
mute at the table like the 'dummy' in a game of bridge."

Bill Effros