[Rhodes22-list] Deregulation and Da List

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Dec 30 14:45:37 EST 2008

John,

Respectfully,

Ben addressed the list. My response was directed at him, but since he
made his concerns public, I made my response public.

So, are you, as the owner of the list, REALLY saying that my choices are
to either have a moderator, or "STFU"? Hardly a reasonable response, in
my view.

I will note, that your abusive rude response was also not "addressed
privately", and suggest that maybe the other 250 members no more care
for your response to me than mine to Ben; however, mine was at least civil.

Am I to take it that this is an example of the would-be moderator's
version of "toned down" responses?

John Lock wrote:
> At 01:15 PM 12/30/2008 -0600, Herb Parsons wrote:
>

>> He expressed "shock", I explained my view. Sorry you couldn't make it
>> through the whole thing, but frankly, it was directed to Ben.
>>

> Then it should have been addressed directly to Ben and not the entire
> list... which is the main problem at the moment.  We've got 5 or 6
> folks who actually think the other 250 members give a F.R.A. what
> they are saying!  That's the meaning of "hijacked" in this
> context.  A few individuals are wasting the list resources to
> basically have a private conversation/argument amongst themselves....
> only it's not private.
>
> The archives are becoming more useless everyday as they fill up with
> this tripe.  If nothing else this behavior demonstrates a lack of
> respect for the group and the service we're trying to support.
>
> So, what'll it be?  Moderation?  Is that what you want?  You want
> somebody to read and approve the content of every post?
>
> No?  Then STFU.
>

> John

Herb Parsons