[Rhodes22-list] Installed new IMF Battened Main Today

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Dec 30 19:24:44 EST 2008

Jerry,

Thanks for the info.  I had the same question, and posed it to the list
6 months ago, but no one responded.

I guess I should just consider myself lucky to know people are still
here, and still answering sailing questions.  I quickly discovered
people would respond instantly to political questions.

My sail arrived with no batten at all.  Stan sent one this summer.  The
velcro strip is inside the batten pocket so securely I cannot figure out
how to release it.

The bottom of the velcro strip has a slit, through which I can insert
the batten, however it falls right back out again through the slit.

Can this marriage be saved?

Bill Effros