[Rhodes22-list] a new world is coming to the rhodes22 list

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Dec 31 12:24:18 EST 2008

With respect to Michael and his Blackberry-speak, let me summarize
what we are thinking -

1) Posting of "mean spirited" personal attacks, verbal abuse, and
other egregious behavior (at our discretion) will no longer be
tolerated.  You want to talk politics and exchange views?  Go ahead,
but when you start back-biting and rolling around in the dirt you
will enjoy a little vacation from the list.

2) Neither Michael nor I wants to be in this position, but we're
forced into it.  In the long run I am researching some ways to let
the list supervise itself.  That is - miscreants can be nominated for
a "time out".  If a large enough percentage the of membership agrees
the suspension will be automatic.  Simply click your vote and watch
the results.  (Simplified version... more research is required).

3) I will be researching installation of wiki software to capture
some of the collective knowledge of the group in a form that's more
useful than the e-mail archives.  However, the content will come for
you, the members of this list.  The main reason a wiki fails is that
people expect it to be magically populated with all the information
they seek.  Doesn't work that way.  I'm going to try to develop some
migration tools to get it started, but in the end it is a product of
a (very large) group effort.

4) Save your long-winded complaints and howls of injustice.  They
will be ignored.

And as always... Cheers!

John Lock