[Rhodes22-list] Marines & Berkeley - Yet More Political Scum

Rik Sandberg sanderico1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:56:56 EST 2008

Ed,

One more thing... Thanks for the quote, I like that and will likely use
it on some of my more liberal and PC friends.

Don't suppose you know who to attribute that to?

Now for those of us that are on the verge of our second childhoods and
wondering how we're going to finance it: Here's something I read today.
Seems yet another reason to avoid liberals in gov't.

Rik

Darkest, best kept secrets about our Social Security.

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)
Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400
of their annual incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program
would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent "Trust
Fund" rather than into the General operating fund, and therefore, would
only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no
other Government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as
income

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a
Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are
getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to
"put away" -- you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent
"Trust Fund" and put it into the General fund so that Congress could
spend it? A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democrats who controlled
House and Senate.
Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social
Security (FICA) withholding? A: The Democratic Party.
Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities? A:
The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the "tie-breaking" deciding
vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of US .

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to
immigrants?

This is MY FAVORITE:

A: Jimmy Carter! And the Democrat Party of course! Immigrants moved into
this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments!
The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never
paid a dime into it!

Then, after doing all this lying and thieving and violating of the
original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that
the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part is that our uninformed citizens believe it!