[Rhodes22-list] Basketball

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 8 16:17:39 EST 2008

I graduated from Indiana in 1973, so Bob Knight and I got there at about
the same time.  I am
also a rabid IU basketball fan.  The 1975-76 team was probably the best
coached, most
effective college team I ever saw.  I also saw teams that just played
scared because BK was
there on the sidelines ready to destroy anyone who did not play it his
way.

I always had mixed feelings about him.  I don't think I would be able to
go through what he
put his players through, but he is a unique individual who can be one of
the most amusing
and intelligent people in sports.  One of my favorites is when he
interviewed a donkey dressed
in Purdue colors on his TV show. Not all Purdue fans are asses - but
there is at least one.

Ron