[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:59:25 EST 2008

Rummy,

I'll answer that question for you.  Bush 43, didn't shrink the size of the
federal government, he grew it!  He didn't address the demographic
train-wreck that's coming for Medicare, he expanded it.  He didn't eliminate
earmarks, he signed every earmark bill for the first seven years.  He didn't
lobby for energy independence, he gave-in to the corn lobby.  He didn't
secure the Southern border, he ignored it.  The list goes on and on.

But, let's pay attention to what is really going on here. The election
coming this November is not about 43. George W Bush is not up for
re-election, he's toast.  What a great time to be a liberal.  All the
candidates left standing are liberals.  For people like me the only thing to
do is lick our wounds, look forward to 2012, and hold our noses and pick the
"least of weasels" for 2008.

Brad