[Rhodes22-list] Brad's Candidate Big Al delete this political comment

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Feb 14 18:56:24 EST 2008

You REALLY don't want to get me fired up about the "carbon credits"
thing. Ignoring the hogwash that it all is, imagine if Gore and Edwards
presented the concept to their unwashed followers in an honest manner.

"Dear unwashed masses. Here's what we propose to you. In order to
preserve our mother earth (which we really really do believe we're all
damaging, even though we can't prove it), we want to further emphasize
class divisions. Those of us rich enough will not have to alter our
lifestyles at all. We'll continue to fly our big private jets, drive our
big SUV's, and live in houses bigger than the apartment complexes that
some of you share. As a matter of fact, some of us will keep several
homes like that. We're just going to buy our way out of 'cutting back.'

Of course, those you that are not rich enough, we will ask you to cut
back. Cut back on the safety of your vehicles, cut back on living
expenses to pay additional taxes to support the programs we choose, cut
back on the things you do that so damage the economy.

Then, those of you that fall between us and the deprived, you lovely
middle-class folks; you'll be able to afford some of these "carbon
credits", so you'll only have to cut back a little, which is appropriate
for your class. Those of us in our class will thank you for contributing
to our further benefit, by buying these carbon credits from the
companies we set up.

As usual, we thank you all ever so much for your usual inattentiveness".

Wouldn't it be refreshing?

--
Herb Parsons
S/V O'Jure - O'Day 25