[Rhodes22-list] Political - Now Ark Building, planning boards

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:17:42 EST 2008

Robert,

First came the outsiders, immediately. The Salvation Army and Red Cross
asked, do you need a blanket?  Do you need food?  Then came the National
Guard.  "We'll protect whatever wasn't stolen in the first 48 hours".  Then
came the contractors mixed with FEMA.  All FEMA has to offer is other
peoples money which they dispersed freely.  Then the cries of "I've been
treated unfairly" began.  "The National Guard checked my ID". "The Red Cross
and Salvation Army shouldn't be feeding my neighbor, his house is still
standing". "FEMA didn't replace my shit overnight!" The Rolling Stones said
it best, "you don't always get what you want, but you get what you need."
Good luck to your wife and god bless people like her - it is a thankless
job.

Brad