[Rhodes22-list] Solar Panels and Electrical Supply

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:16:55 EST 2008

Hello Rhodies,

Want to get your feedback on Solar panels.  I am looking to put solar panels
on the boat and I'm wondering if I need 2 or if I can get by with one.  Here
is the electrical usage as best as I can figure.

Fishfinder/Depth gauge - 1 amp
VHF radio - .3 amps on standby
AM/FM CD Player - 10amps?
Position Lights
Anchor light

We generally only day sail and seldom two days in a row.  I plan to have one
battery and want the solar panel to charge the battery after a days use. I
figure a good marine deep cycle house battery can run what I have for a day
sail.  I do not currently have the capability to connect to shore power for
charging and don't want to add it if I can avoid it.

So guys, what do you think?  Will one of Stan's solar panels do the trick?

Thanks in advance,

Hank