[Rhodes22-list] Brad--Flight Time

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:19:40 EST 2008

Elle,

Just got back from my teaching gig.  You and I have the same "time in
saddle".  I've been flying for a living 33 years and in the industry 35.  I
don't (or didn't) feel old until an accomplished student showed up for duty
who is the same age as my oldest son.  I'd like to say to these kids that
"I've got more time taxiing to the runway than you've got total" but you got
to give them a fair shot at showing their skill set.  They're good!  They
look at me like I used to look at "the old heads", "whatever Grampa, I'm
here to cooperate and graduate!" They can outfly me on motor skills - I can
still throw cyberspace curve-balls they didn't see coming.  I don't cheat
and I play fair.  They don't get curve balls thrown at them that I haven't
been beaned by at some point in time.

Experience is a wonderful thing.  Having earned it sucks!

Brad