[Rhodes22-list] Brad...check these out....correction

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:28:09 EST 2008

Elle,

Good articles, all.  Allow me to stand on my soap box for just one minute,
OK, three seconds will do. My father with his 8th grade education can run
circles around 90% of todays HS graduates.  His vocabulary is limited but he
can wield a mighty sword with a pen and what little he knows. As a history
buff, I'm amazed by the letters home from the average soldier in the Civil
War.  Pick a blog at random from Iraq and read the 'average' Marine letter
to his family and you realize just how elite a group the Corps is, and how
dumb the 'Nation' has become.  I hang out with mostly 'smart' slant-eyes,
or, they wouldn't have gotten the student visa to come here to begin with.
But then again, on a daily basis I deal with a different version of
'slant-eyes' on the coast who somehow seem to overcome every hurdle. If I
said that those with slanted-eyes were somehow smarter I'd be racist, and
quite frankly, where the hell my daughter fits into all this I don't know.
Here's my theory and I'm sticking to it.  Mr. Lape, my 7th grade Latin
teacher, used to start class every day with the same statement.

"God helps those who help themselves, and I have to help the rest!"

Brad