[Rhodes22-list] Solar Panels and Electrical Supply

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 20 23:44:57 EST 2008

Hank,
I just plug the trickle charger into one of the cig lighter type receptacles with a male end - so simple to set up and tear down.  With a 400 ma panel on the stern pulpit, I plan my battery usage to match my recharging capability, with a kick charge from the motor as necessary.  I don't want to encumber my boat with the array of large panels required for the sake of satisfying a large appetite for amps.  I'm not too impressed with the solar outputs available.
Art