[Rhodes22-list] SS: Time for a political Hail Mary

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:20:18 EST 2008

Stan,

You Dog!  One of my wife's old professors (he started the geophysical
studies in Wuhan after ALL university studies were shut down during the
Cultural Revolution) studied in Texas during WW2.  He died a few years ago,
but during our visits, he used to get a twinkle in his eyes and say, "all
the boys were off to war, it was a great time to be in the USA".  He
returned to China after 49' and was eventually punished for his decision,
especially during the Cultural Revolution. A long story made short - my
youngest son ended-up in Bradenton, FL during his 8th grade year despite my
best attempts at using the court system to prevent it.  I was visiting the
with then HeadMistress/Master/Owner  of the school he attended one day, and
at the end of the visit she asked me if I knew any Jewish jokes?  Hell, I
can go off on that tangent for days. We swapped every non PC joke we could
think of and then started talking serious shit.  We're all pretty much made
up of the same stuff.  Well, to be exact, exactly the same stuff!  My
neighbor is an asshole, period.  And, he feels the same thing about me and
it has nothing to do about religion or culture or education.  However, I
have more education than him, all the culture I need, and I worship myself.
Getting along with anyone  is really not that difficult (and especially not
me) as long as you realize that flying airplanes is for getting from point A
to B, and not flying into buildings. If you have a different plan for
airplanes, I'm all for blowing your ass up.  Nothing personal, mind you!

Brad