[Rhodes22-list] ss picture e-mailing hang up continued

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 01:38:30 EST 2008

david,
  i'd really like to know the answer to that one. the default email program on my computer is outlook express. i use yahoo. i always have to punch the email link, which then opens an outlook express box, copy or cut the address out of the box, and paste it into the yahoo mail compose box. the dropdown menu selection box in control panel doesn't have yahoo as a choice, nor a blank box where i can type it in. is it possible to get around this, do you know? thanks. john b

David Bradley <dwbrad at gmail.com> wrote:
  Stan, I think you need to set up Windows to recongize your e-mail
program as the default.

Dave

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 8:25 AM, stan wrote:
> Thanks but I am still looking for the magic button and think I found it - only it does not work
>
> If I go to "my pictures" (instead of the "photo studio" location) a drop down menu come on the screen on the left. One of the items that can be clicked is: "e-mail this file"
>
> that sounds good so when I click on "e-mail this file" a window opens up that says "Windows can re-size this file so it makes it easier and faster for the recipient to receive" That sounds even better so I click "yes" on its "do I want to do this" button.
>
> and an e-mail form page show up and it has the proper file attached and life looks good.
>
> I seem to have found the elusive simple way to send the picture so it will automatically be resized for the receiver to get it sized properly - but when I hit the "send" button, the e-mail won't go anywhere.
>
> But before I had hit the send button there was a "NOTE" on the e-mail form page that says: "To protect computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending and receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security services"
>
> Do you think this is the problem? And if so how and where do I go to see if my e-mail program may be blocking the e-mail from being sent with its attachment?
>
> When I send the attachment direct from Photo Studio without going through the drop down menu that has the "e-mail this file" button, the e-mail does go through but with the oversized picture. Why would the e-mail go through if there was an attachment blocker when I take the attachment from Photo Studio and not go through when I take the same numbered attachment from "My Pictures" via the "E-mail this file" button ?.
>
> Anything to do with one is a Microsoft path and the other some other path like Yahoo?
>
> I am way out of my league here but feel instinctively there is some simple way to send self size adjusting attachments since when you go the drop down menu "e-mail this file" route, it tells you it is going to automatically resize the attachment for you.
>
> MM or equivalent, where are you?
>
> ss

David Bradley
+1.206.234.3977