[Rhodes22-list] Oscars

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 12:47:11 EST 2008

the ayes have it. thanks

Brad Haslett <flybrad at gmail.com> wrote:  Here's something entertaining for 2 1/2 minutes in anticipation of the
Oscars.

http://glumbert.com/wii/view.php?name=womenfilm

Our dinner table companions on one of our cruises this year was a couple
from Nashville in the music business. The husband had an uncle (I forget
who) who wrote Hollywood scores and won four Oscars. He died with no
children and left his music royalties and Oscars to his nephew. Our table
mate told an interesting story about flying to LA to pack the Oscar statues
and carry them home. He was sitting in the back of a SouthWest jet in the
seats that face each other. He opened the case he was carrying (those
little statues are heavy) and started passing them around so his seat mates
could say they had held an Oscar.

Watch the show for me, will ya? I've got better things to do.

Brad