[Rhodes22-list] Coastal Living - Insurance

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:31:36 EST 2008

Other issues with the VA are that it only covers the vet, not his family.
Healthcare is still needed for the family.  Getting appointments at the VA
is a major PITA and it is not conducive to folks who are also working. If
you have an appointment there, plan on spending the whole day. It's more for
major illnesses and not well suited to handle daily issues that a Primary
Care physician could handle (i.e. flu, strep throat, sprains, etc.)  And as
Herb said, if you don't live where they have a hospital, you are SOL as you
can't go to another provider and have the VA pay for it.

Hank