[Rhodes22-list] IMF is jamming

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 19:44:12 EST 2008

Bud,
The IMF main sail has a highly sophisticated means of attachment at both  the
bottom and top of the furling tube.. You will find a small stainless screw
with a really neat round collar around it. Total cost to replace is under 10
cents. If the slackness is a new problem, you may have an attachment that has
come loose or your main sail is simply old and blown out and needs to be
replaced. Remember, when furling the main to have the boom at a horizontal plane
(Or slightly below) with the topping lift taught. You can really tell if the
sail is blown or problematic when it is fully deployed. Lowering the mast and
taking it ashore and unfurling and removing from the mast will tell you what
you  need to know. It's a pain to drop the mast and remove the furling tube
and main,  but it's the only way to get the answers to your questions. As a last
resort,  sending pictures of your problem to the list will help a great deal.
The more  info you provide will give you better answers.

Rummy

In a message dated 2/26/2008 6:00:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,