[Rhodes22-list] Fresh Water Pump

mtroy at atlanticbb.net mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Feb 29 08:49:44 EST 2008

Hi Hank,
We have both a manual hand pump and a foot pump both
serving the same faucet on the same water line. The
electric motor never worked on the old Atwood pump so for
years we just used the manual hand pump part of it. We
added a little foot pump early on. We replaced the water
lines with very flexible clear tubing so we could keep the
pump in the cabinet under the sink and just flip it out
when we needed it. The pump is a Baby Whale
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|299222|84462|316440|315120&id=161288

We chose it because it didn't need any clearance below. We
have a little hook on the cabinet wall under the sink and
it sometimes hangs on that.

When the Atwood hand pump started giving us trouble we
replaced it with a Fynspray faucet (West Marine model
410779 if this very long URL doesn't come through)
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&keyword=410779&jspStoreDir=wm51&productId=36867&resultCt=1&catalogId=10001&ddkey=SiteSearch

It's very handy to have both the foot and hand pumps. They
seem to work ok on the same line though the Baby Whale
doesn't put out as much water as the Fynspray.

Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Rock Hall, MD
(though I'm using webmail to write this from Greenville NC
where I'm visiting my daughter and her family)