[Rhodes22-list] Captain Rummy on W.E.B. DuBois

John Tonjes r22rumrunner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:32:12 EST 2008

Ed,
DuBois is dead. Nowhere on the church's web site do they even hint that they
are followers of BuBois philosophy. Their mission statement is very clear:

*Mission Statement: *What Trinity Is About

*Trinity United Church of Christ* has been called by God to be a
congregation that is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that does
not apologize for its African roots! As a congregation of baptized
believers, we are called to be agents of liberation not only for the
oppressed, but for all of God's family. We, as a church family, acknowledge,
that we will, building on this affirmation of "who we are" and "whose we
are," call men, women, boys and girls to the liberating love of Jesus
Christ, inviting them to become a part of the church universal, responding
to Jesus' command that we go into all the world and make disciples!

We are called out to be "a chosen people" that pays no attention to
socio-economic or educational backgrounds. We are made up of the highly
educated and the uneducated. Our congregation is a combination of the haves
and the have-nots; the economically <http://www.tucc.org/chat.htm>
disadvantaged,
the under-class, the unemployed and the employable.

The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to
become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America's economic
mal-distribution!

W.E.B. DuBois indicated that the problem in the 20th century was going to be
the problem of the color line. He was absolutely correct. Our job as
servants of God is to address that problem and eradicate it in the name of
Him who came for the whole world by calling all men, women, boys and girls
to Christ.
Rummy