[Rhodes22-list] The following post is Political, Religious, Educational, point of discussions, Big Al delete!

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:41:14 EST 2008

Robert,

The religious beliefs of the candidates are the last thing we need to worry
about.  They all have a long enough political career to judge them on their
political record.  The issue in 2000 was that 43 (who apparently is sincere
in his religious beliefs) was going to impose some religious doctrine on the
country.  That didn't happen.  His wife and mother disagree with him on his
views on certain issues that have a religious backdrop.  He's gone in about
a year anyway. The attacks on Obama's faith will come from fellow Dems.  I
hope the GOP has enough class to stay away from the issue.

In other news that got lost in Hillary's crying, Obama's smile, and
Brittney's trip to the hospital, we came damn close to a shooting war with
Iran on Sunday.  I'm assuming that the Bush Administration has put Iran on
notice that next time the Navy might not be so restrained.  The Looney Left
is portraying this as a Gulf of Tonkin type incident.  It is not!  I could
care less whether the next President pees standing up or sitting down,
worships every Sunday/Saturday, or not at all.  White or Black (Obama can go
either way and chose Black) is insignificant.  The real issue is :  Do you
think there are bad people in the World and if so,  what are you willing to
do about it?

Sunday was scary!  Domestic issues will seem trivial if we don't win 'The
Long War'. We're addicted to cheap and easy energy and that funds the
"Religion of Peace" fruitcakes of the world. If a candidate can solve that
riddle they get my vote, even if they're from Mars.

Brad