[Rhodes22-list] Politics continued - John misleader on W.E.B.DuBois

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri Jan 11 09:27:16 EST 2008

Is Japan a "colony"? Was that a "war of  colonization"? We were there a
very long time. How about Germany? We're STILL there.

Of course they weren't. However, the use of stupid terms like "war of
colonization" helps the anti-America rhetoric, so it's used. More power
to you, but at least spare us the professions of innocence. What you're
doing is very obvious.

Robert Skinner wrote:
> Herb - I'll accept your correction on the word "infer"
> with thanks, but long term occupation remains effectively
> equal to colonization in my book.  We do need the oil,
> don't we?
>
> As to propaganda - Hell, Herb - don't you know a bit of
> satire when you hear it?
>
> /Robert
> Herb Parsons wrote:
>
>> Gotta love it when folks misuse "infer"? When one makes a statement, he
>> implies something. When someone hears a statement, he infers (or draws
>> an inference) from that statement.
>>
>> But it does sound cool, right?
>>
>> Besides, when you see us colonize something, then you can talk about a
>> colonial war. Otherwise, you're just spouting more propaganda.
>>
>> Robert Skinner wrote:

>>> So, ED, I guess you mean to infer that social
>>> considerations are negligible when compared to
>>> individual rights.  So why are individual
>>> rights being made subservient to Bush's
>>> colonial wars?
>>>
>>> Or are you saying that the right's position is
>>> anti-social?
>>>
>>> Or that social costs should be subordinate to
>>> individual advancement?
>>>
>>> Or are you just repeating word games you have
>>> heard from your fellow dittoheads?
>>>
>>> /Robert
>>>

>> --
>> Herb Parsons