[Rhodes22-list] Economics and Health Care

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Jan 11 12:53:04 EST 2008

Herb -  As I understand it, Moody's comments were
about the future, not the past.  It's the difference
between shooting yourself in the foot yesterday, and
being concerned about the 50-mile hike with full pack
coming up tomorrow.

/Robert
Herb Parsons wrote:

> I want to see if I understand your point correctly - when reporting the
> news that the Moody credit rating was risked being lowered because of
> their (Moody's) concern over the costs of Medicare and Medicaid, that
> the reporter should have also inserted concerns (that Moody didn't
> state) about two wars, borrowing money to pay for them, interest on the
> national debt, etc?
>
> Or is it your point that reporting Moody's concerns was "one sided
> conservative press"?
>
> Rob Lowe wrote:
> > Man, talk about a one sided conservative press.  No mention of all about
> > starting two wars and paying for them by borrowing money.  No mention of tax
> > cuts (mostly for the rich) paid for with borrowed money.  No mention of the
> > interest on the national debt eating up all discretionary spending in
> > another decade.  No mention that most of the national debt occurred during
> > the Regan and Bush years.  Sure health care spending is a problem.  But tell
> > the whole story. - rob

Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"
Gorham, Maine         04038-1331
s/v "Little Dipper" & "Edith P."