[Rhodes22-list] Looking for a Rhodes 22

James Barron jbarron1 at cinci.rr.com
Fri Jan 11 16:26:46 EST 2008

Hello Mark:

Glad to hear you are still considering the Rhodes 22!  We have decided to
move our boat to Rocky Fork Sailing Club near Hillsboro.  The boat ramps
are more suitable, we can get a regular, not triangle, dock, there is
potable water at the dock, and there are more boats around that size.  We
were shown around by Gregg McMillan, who has a Rhodes 22 there.  Very nice
guy who has been helpful to us in learning how to launch and recover the
boat.  We hope to do some trailering from there, hopefully to Lake Erie.

We towed our Rhodes back from Edenton last May, around the same time as
Bill.  We used a 1998 Toyota 4Runner with a V6 standard shift. It also has
a 5000 lb limit.  Coming through the hills in North Carolina and Tennessee
was not fun and we slowed down to 45 a couple of times going uphill.  It
was adequate, but just barely.  When that vehicle was in an accident
recently we moved to a 2003 4Runner, with the V8.  Have not towed with it
yet.

Would be happy to take you sailing some time after the boat is launched,
hopefully early April.

Jim Barron