[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: Yankee or Dixie

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 04:04:36 EST 2008

Elle wrote, "I think the mobility of the population tends to skew
the results....how many of us still live close to
where we started??"

I was born just a few hours drive from Minneapolis on an Indian reservation
in South Dakota.  I've lived all over, but the tri-state area of the Dakotas
and MN is so very much home.  I can tell you every exit on Interstate 94
from Gary, IN to Glendive, MT.  And Interstate 35 from Kansas City up to
Duluth.  But I'll always consider Mankato, MN home (hour and a half drive
south of Minneapolis.)

Upon my demise, I wish to have my ashes scattered on the waters of the
Minnesota River in Mankato.  From there I will travel downstream to join the
Mississippi River just blocks from where I now live.  I will then travel
down to St. Louis where I have family, friends and gigs.  Then it's on to
NOLA where my roots of music lie.  Then out to the gulf and around the
globe.  I am the midwest.  I am the world.

Thanks for asking, Elle, how 'bout you?

Slim