[Rhodes22-list] Please help a new Rhodes owner out

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 03:51:08 EST 2008

Matt,

Yes, Abba tapes work as well as Yani as do Barry Manilow.  You can use Bobby
Goldsborough or even Englebert Humperdink.  Do not use Herb Alpert and the
Tijuana Brass or any Smothers Brothers.   One might do well with Joan Baez
on the port and Charlie Daniels on starboard.  Any and all instruction tapes
will be fair game.  I would not approve of destroying any Mozart
recordings.  (Incidentally, by the time Mozart was my age...he'd been dead
for 16 years!)  Go ahead any use any of my tapes if you can find any but you
probably won't.  And don't use blank tape as some kind of sacrifice is
required.  But choose wisely because you'll be using the same reel of tape
for life.  The stuff breaks off after a few weeks and we just tie on another
8 or 9 inch piece.  It works perfectly, costs nothing and you don't have to
stare at the masthead.  I say the hell with the Windex and the hell with
Abba!

Slim