[Rhodes22-list] Indian Winter

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:34:27 EST 2008

Slim,

As a new-hire, I flew to Grand Forks every other week during 1985. They
didn't have ATIS (automatic terminal information service) so I called Ground
Control for the weather information and chatted a bit (they weren't busy).
"Will it snow tonight?"  "Ya, I'll get my usual six inches!"  I was young
and dumb, but not that dumb!  "Thank you, Mam!"

One of my favorite memories of Grand Forks was when my co-worker "Rubin the
Cuban" won a round of Bingo at a local Indian reservation.  I can still
remember my advice as if it were yesterday - "Rubin, they want a piece of
your ass and mine too because I'm with you.  You're too small to fight and
I'm too fast!  I say we get the f*^k outta here"!

The one thing I miss about Grand Forks is the indoor pool at the hotel.  All
winter long it was filled with MILF's who spent the weekend with their kids
just to warm-up.  I don't miss it enough to go back there. Damn, I feel old!

Brad