[Rhodes22-list] Attn: Robert - Squirrel Question

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Jan 18 01:21:13 EST 2008

john Belanger wrote:
> is it just the presence of the ferret that scares
> the squirrels away or like a cat, can you just let
> it (them?) roam the property?

The squirrels might be discouraged by the
mere smell of small, hungry, weasel-like
critters.

I'd give them a cage that back-ended into
the space that was infested with squirrels.
That way, they would be free to chase snacks.

> or will they want to "escape"?

Probably, if they ran out of squirrels.

> you can get quite a few ferrets for $1500.

Good point.  They are reputed to be good
pets.

> also do you neuter them? inquiring minds want to know.

Don't think I'd do that.  Might need
more ferrets.  Besides, the males be
more inclined to leave if they aren't
attracted by some little girl ferrets