[Rhodes22-list] heathrow plane crash

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:08:35 EST 2008

Mike,

Just got back from instructor training.  Here's what is new in the education
field; nothing!

Airplanes don't land short except for pilot error or lack of thrust.  I'm
betting on lack of thrust.  Engines rarely quit.  Two engines quit at the
same time rarely.  Whatever caused the first one to quit was responsible for
the second one.  We're back to heroes or goats.  If a computer (electrical)
problem caused both to quit then we have 'big trouble in River City' since
all modern airplanes run on miracle shit!  I stick with the engines got
starved for fuel.  Who's responsible - man or machine?  Inquiring minds want
to know!

Brad