[Rhodes22-list] Caroline, considering the rhodes

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Jan 20 12:34:12 EST 2008

First I would like to thank Rik Sandberg for figuring out how Caroline's post
got "must have been lost in the shuffle...(Elle)"  Second, I would like Elle
for finding the post.

Elle,did you noticed Rik's comment that, "It wouldn't hurt several other
posters to check their computer's time and date also."  I am not the only
one who can make a sharp reply, again, good point Rik...

Caroline:

Where are you on Lake Camplain?  I spent Christmas in Leicester, Vermont.
The water below the bridge was too hard for sailing.  I have heard that it
seldom freezes near Burlington.  There is only one known Rhodes 22 on Lake
Champlain, it is an old R22 with standard mast.  The owner has not spoken up
on this forum for years.

In Florida, the is a Rhodes owner trying to sell a R 22 and in the past he
has been willing to rent out one of his boats.  Suggest you research the
archives of this forum to contact Luis Guzman of Florida.

If you are driving to Florida and want a demonstration of sailing a Rhodes
22, contact Captain Rummy to see if his boat is in the water here in South
Carolina.  Yes, we sail all year round here.  So far, Lake Hartwell has not
gotten too hard to sail on.  We are about 1,000 miles south of Middlebury,
Vermont and if you need directions, just ask.  I have been making that trip
for years.

Alternatively, you may want to visit the home of the Rhodes 22 in Edenton,
North Carolina.  It is worth the experience.  While it is off the beaten
path, you can usually arrange to stay at he Spitzer Hilton, if the room is
not already booked.

I encourage you to jump in and ask questions.  You can expect to get answers
from useful to arcane.

Welcome to the Rhodes List and enjoy.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA