[Rhodes22-list] Installation of Tools & Toys

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Jan 21 19:15:21 EST 2008

John,

I think that Dick Tracy had lots of great stuff but never a decoder ring.
Wrist radio and wrist TV  (looked like a watch) were among the incredible
things that Dick Tracy was known for, which, we all know, is pure sci-fi
(just think about the cell phone or ipod that you may own.)

I have a secret decoder ring from Kix cereal, I think.  The rings used to be
in Cracker Jacks and cereal boxes (everything came in cereal boxes - or you
sent away for them.)  A quick google search turned up this site
http://www.radioarchives.org/annie/ which shows the decoder pins that were
popular in the 1930s and the neat Ovaltine secret decoder ring that was
offered in 2000.

Of course, if you wish to install the Rhodes-22 Secret Decoder Ring on the
R22 website, just convince mjm or John to use the javascript that can be
found at http://javascript.internet.com/games/decoder-ring.html then we will
be able to understand Michael's Blackberry.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "john Belanger" <jhnblngr at yahoo.com> Monday, January 21, 2008 6:58 PM