[Rhodes22-list] Sail Vs Motor in WX

sailnut at att.net sailnut at att.net
Wed Jan 23 11:06:45 EST 2008

The Rhodes is not a blue water boat PERIOD!!!  Its large cockpit, hi-freeboard, poor cockpit/cabin sealing and light displacement remove it from consideration.

If you are going to relocate to the East coast of Panama be advised that you will be sailing into the prevailing easterly trades.  If you read cruising guides for the area you will find that windward work in these latitudes is very difficult and punishing to you and your equipment!

I believe that there are yacht clubs at the eastern and western ends of the canal.  I would suggust you contact them for "local knowledge"

Richard Smith