[Rhodes22-list] Ron's Quest in the archives...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Jan 24 20:56:47 EST 2008

Ron:

Many years ago on this forum we had a member who tried to get people to
change the subject line to the subject under discussion.

You can see how effective he was.  The subject lines still do not accurately
describe what is contained therein and the complainer is history... (could
it be that is what got to him?)

People use different terms to describe the same thing.   Or some call it a
thingy or gadget ...

When a search engine or program is looking for the word cable and the
discussion called it a linkage, extension, connector, etc., the programs are
just not that sophisticated.  The length may be in the archives somewhere,
simply called something else…

I am sure that of anybody on this forum, you are capable to tackle this
issue.  That is if your computer does not freeze...

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong.  When people
thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that
thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is
flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."  Asimov's
axiom as quoted by Michael Shermer