[Rhodes22-list] Serious subject not related to sailing - Chernobyl Ukraine reactor today

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Jan 25 08:07:16 EST 2008

Folks:

I was going to send the following web site to a few who might be interested
in it.  I have changed my line of thinking.

Recently I was loaned a book, Wormwood, a natural history of Chernobyl, by
Mary Mycio.  I have just started reading, only at page 30, when I received
from another source the web site.  In pictures this web site shows some of
what the book describes.

Understand that I have a background in radiation and radiation safety.
However, the book is written at a level readable by any interested person.
The pages of the web site are consistent with the book, my previous readings
of other books on Chernobyl and my background knowledge.  I have found no
egregious errors so far, and it may be enlightening to you all.
See:

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter1.html

Now Bob S. may want to go back one page to read about her motorcycles:

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/garage1.html

This email posted for education purposes about radiation.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA