[Rhodes22-list] Mast bale height for whisker pole

R Orkin roryorkin at verizon.net
Mon Jan 28 10:21:29 EST 2008

Well the time soon arrives to do the spring work.
I have been planning to add a mast track to service a whisker pole.
I would appreciate some comment on a suitable height range for the bale
function.
As it stands, I was thinking about starting the track about 30 inches from
the base of the mast and putting on up to 3' of track. I do not have a
lifeline to contend with.
Any experience with fixed or moving mount point appreciated.

                             Rory