[Rhodes22-list] Bob Skinner this is North Carolina-South CarolinaLine in January

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Jan 29 22:06:00 EST 2008

Ed,

Thanks for the informative reply.

I have the map of the Foothills Trail from the Conference site.
I initially thought you were referring to an auto road -- macadam
surface, and similarity in name to the Foothills Parkway in
Tennesee, etc. -- but I figured it out.

The trails and roads seem quite tangled in the Sassafras Mountain
area.

I'm surprised at the distance view from an altitude of only 3000'.

/Robert

Tootle wrote:

> Bob:
>
> The picture was taken on the Foothills Trail west of Gum Gap enroute to
> Sasafras Mountain.  Altitude about 3,000 feet.  The Blue Ridge Parkway is
> probably on the ridgeline of the mountains in the picture west of Brevard.
> This picture is from east of Brevard, one foot in South Carolina the other
> in North Carolina.
>
> See attachment:
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p15172711/State%2BLine%2Bon%2BFoothills%2BTrail%2Bwest%2Bof%2BGum%2BGap.JPG
> State+Line+on+Foothills+Trail+west+of+Gum+Gap.JPG
>
> Instructions:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p15172711/hot%2Bspot.JPG hot+spot.JPG
>
> Ed K
> Greenville, SC, USA