[Rhodes22-list] Chris G - morning tirade... for Chris G's eyes ... sort of list political

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jan 30 07:59:17 EST 2008

Chris G:

and direction on using the 'Archives' and research to answer questions.
When a question is asked on this forum more than once, often different
replies ensue.  More often original replier does not answer the same
question a second time.

If a person is sincerely interested in the ‘best’ reply they will study all
replies for accuracy and content.  The most recent reply may or may not be
best.  Look and evaluate and choose the best answer which may be a synthesis
of all answers.

What you are supporting is the common approach to believe the current
discussion as being the best whereas the most recent answer may or may not
be even valid.  Because something is stated, does not make it true.

It is also obvious that the whooshes have taken over this forum.  We now
have artsy stuff instead of sailing adventures, less outdoor realities
discussed or bar room jokes.  Small wonder an outdoors person like Roger P.
now goes by himself.

Looking at Chris C’s response  I think of Bill Effros’ and his taking a
couple of words out of context and yelling you said so and so, so you must
agree with me.

The gist of the email was study the terms and references being used and not
wait to be spoon feed.  Maybe we need to find Steve Little and get a spicy
comment or more...

I am not selling boats for Stan and hitting Chris C. with a closing line.
As a teacher you may recall the saying, "give a man a fish and he eats for a
day, teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime."

The attached picture is not a Rhodes 22, maybe someone can suggest what is
wrong with this sail boat:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p15181532/sail%2Bboat.jpg sail+boat.jpg

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"Learning is not compulsory… neither is survival.”
W. Edwards Demming