[Rhodes22-list] Local siblings make river rescue - Praised for pulling motorist from Nissequogue

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Jan 30 11:09:36 EST 2008

A local family was at the Kings Park Bluff after dinner when an intoxicated driver tried to convert his automobile to a power launch.  They were able to extricate the driver before the car sank.  Fortunately, all are OK (except the car.)

We've seen it before - this is the boat ramp where we launch our R22.  During the boating season, some of the "entertainment" at the ramp is spectacular!

The story is available at (lower left on front page):
http://www.timesofsmithtown.com/picpaperframe.lasso?-token.issue=2008-01-24

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY